Machine learning methods that use deep Neural networks, which are trained via Stochastic gradient descent in most cases.
Sometimes it can be an unnecessary complexity12.
Why deep learning works?
What are the lessons? Lessons from deep learning
Can complex systems or network science perspectives help? Complex systems and deep learning.
- Architectures and methods
- Brain and deep learning
- Theory of deep learning
- CS231n: Convolutional Neural Networks for Visual Recognition
- CS224n: Natural Language Processing with Deep Learning
- Coursera: deep learning specialization
- Microsoft Professional Program for Artificial Intelligence track
- Google: deep learning
- Hugo Larochelle: Neural networks
- Geoffrey Hinton Coursera videos
- Probabilistic Graphical Model by Daphne Koller
- Deep learning by Lex Fridman: https://github.com/lexfridman/mit-deep-learning
Talks and tutorials
- A Tutorial on Deep Learning Part 1: Nonlinear Classifiers and The Backpropagation Algorithm by Quoc Le
- Deep Learning Basics: Neural Networks, Backpropagation and Stochastic Gradient Descent
- ufldl stanford:Deep Learning Tutorials
- sjchoi86:Deep learning tutorials
- Unsupervised Feature Learning and Deep Learning by Andrew Ng
- Use Google’s Word2Vec for movie reviews
- Using convolutional neural nets to detect facial keypoints tutorial
- Deep Learning: Doubly Easy and Doubly Powerful with GraphLab Create - GraphLab
- ICML2013 Deep learning tutorial by Yann LeCun and Marc’Aurelio Ranzato
- So You Wanna Try Deep Learning?
- Recommending music on Spotify with deep learning
- Inceptionism: Going Deeper into Neural Networks
- Deep learning by Yann LeCun, Yoshua Bengio, and Geoffrey Hinton
Augmenting small datasets with transformations
- Deep Neural Networks are Easily Fooled: High Confidence Predictions for Unrecognizable Images
- Universal adversarial perturbations
Natural language processing
- Building High-level Features Using Large Scale Unsupervised Learning
- Deep Neural Networks for Acoustic Modeling in Speech Recognition
- ImageNet Classification with Deep Convolutional Neural Networks
- Large Scale Distributed Deep Networks
- How transferable are features in deep neural networks?
- Human-level control through deep reinforcement learning
One neuron versus deep learning in aftershock prediction, https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-019-1582-8 ↩
Rajkomar2018scalable - simple logistic regression performs as well as the deep model. https://twitter.com/ShalitUri/status/1009534668880928769?s=20 ↩