- saute aromatics, then tomatoes, then add everything to boil and reduce.
- Grind fresh-roasted coriander seeds.
- Add more coriander if unsure..
- Add spices (e.g., a few cloves, salt, and cinnamon) when soaking the beans and then cook with the same spices. Chana soak up the flavor.
- Lemon or tamarind at the end to brighten up.
- amchur (dried mango powder) can be added.
- aromatics: 1 onion (chopped), 2 tsp minced garlic, 1 tsp ginger (minced), 1 thai bird chili
- masala: 2+ tsp ground coriander (fresh if possible), 1/2 tsp garam masala, 1/4 turmeric
- 2 large tomatoes
- garnish: 2 tsp minced cilantro, 1 tsp lemon juice or pickled onion (acid)
- pickled onion: red onions, cilantro, salt, lime juice -> sit for 30+ min
- saute onion, add garlic, ginger, and chili.
- tomatoes and 1/4 cup water (coconut milk can be used). cover and cook
- (add a little bit 1/8 tsp of tamarind)
- puree the mixture
- add salt, coriander, garam masala, turmeric, acid, chickpeas. (Peanut butter) boil and reduce