On the science funding system
Impact of research funding
Negative impact of funding schemes
The primary argument is that the application process requires a lot of overhead for scientists, especially given a fierce competition. See Why many funding schemes harm rather than support research
Does research funding cultivate innovation?
- Inventing the Endless Frontier: The Effects of the World War II Research Effort on Post-war Innovation
Funding few big grants or many small grants?
- JON LORSCH: LAB SIZE: IS BIGGER BETTER?
- Big Science vs. Little Science: How Scientific Impact Scales with Funding
- Concentration of research funding leads to decreasing marginal returns
- Marginal Returns And Levels Of Research Grant Support Among Scientists Supported By The National Institutes Of Health
Bias against Interdisciplinary research
- Vasan2021hidden - The hidden influence of communities in collaborative funding of clinical science
How to get funding?
- http://www.cos.com/services/funding.shtml - funding search & mailing
- https://www.grantforward.com - provides personalized profiles and suggestions based on Google Scholar publication list.
- Serve as a review panel (NSF)
- Funding: Got to get a grant by [Karen Kaplan]
- What to Say—and Not Say—to Program Officers
- 5 Essential Tips for Getting a Grant
- The best-kept secrets to winning grants
Tools and templates
- http://www.hfsp.org/ - Human Frontier Science program (complex biological systems)