Science of science
Science about Science. Built on Bibliometrics and Scientometrics, but with more emphasis on moving beyond measurement. Metascience is another name.
- Perspectives to look at scientific enterprise
- Mechanisms in the scientific systems
- Bibliographic data & data tasks
Disciplines and topics
- Accuracy of Models for Mapping the Medical Sciences
- Scientometrics: Untangling the topics
A comparison of articles assumes that we can assign each to one or more article sets that are characterized by averages (medians) taken over the given set. IN fact, the existence of such homogeneous article groups is an unspoken axiom in scientometrics: It is widely assumed that all scientific articles can be assigned to thematically homogeneous groups of articles.
- On the Predictability of Future Impact in Science
- Predicting Publication Success for Biologists
- Predicting Scientific Success Based on Coauthorship Networks
- Bibliometric Indicators of Young Authors in Astrophysics: Can Later Stars be Predicted?
- Publication metrics and success on the academic job market
- The Citation Wake of Publications Detects Nobel Laureates’ Papers